The Bear Hut - No. 89
The Bear Hut is hut number 89 on the dog friendly side located right next to the second set of steps from the Pinewoods. A perfect spot for young families or larger groups. This hut is much bigger than the standard hut including a fold down double bed and an additional bench that hinges from the side. So plenty of room to cosy up inside on those colder days.
The Bear Hut is instantly recognisable by the little teddy peeping through the huts porthole, it is full of character and charm and is bound to be a real crowd pleaser. Owners Mary & Robert have owned the plot since 2004 and designed the hut from top to bottom. They have enjoyed many times down here with their children and grandchildren and are very excited to be able to share it with all of our Happy Hutters.
Please note this is a premium hut due to its size so is £10 a day more expensive until March 2022.
Dog Friendly : Yes
Number of steps : 6
Hammock : No
Stair gate: No
Walk from car park : 8 minutes
The Bear Hut provides...
- A combination of chairs including 4 wicker chairs for the decking area or sand, 4 folding camp style chairs and 2 cushioned benches inside
- 1 folding outside table perfect for the large decking area
- Beach toys - Sadly we cannot guarantee beach toys anymore, we've tried our best but too many get broken or lost. We would strongly recommend you bring your own.
- 1 large windbreak & mallet
- 8 each of the following mugs, plates, bowls, cutlery, plastic tumblers and wine glasses
- Wall mounted bottle opener, if you need a corkscrew we would recommend you bring your own as they tend to go walking!
- A handful of varying sized tea pots and 2 cafetiere's
- Washing up liquid, J cloths, bin bags, dust pan & brush, broom and antibacterial spray
- A single ring gas stove and kettle - Please note oven is not for guests.
- Individually wrapped tea, coffee, coffee creamer, sugar, semi skimmed milk sticks and hot chocolate
- Fire extinguisher & Fire blanket
Finding The Bear Hut
Check in is from 0930 to allow time for morning checks, check out is as late as you like, please just note the car park opening times on arrival.
From the Car Park on Beach Road - Approximately a 8 Minute Walk
You can either head through the pinewoods, walk to the end of the car park, past the pond on your left walking parallel to the beach to the middle set of steps, from here you can access the beach the hut is the first one on the right hand side. If you pop down to the beach from the car park, at the lifeboat hut turn left and walk another 50 huts up. The Bear Hut is number 89.
From the Town Centre - Approximately a 45 Minute Walk
There are multiple car parks in Wells and if you fancy walking to the beach you can walk on the footpath starting from the Quay. It is just under a mile.
Please have a read of our booking terms & cancellation policy before booking.Check Availability